Monday, April 25, 2011

A week yesterday

A week yesterday and I was still in hospital.  How am I doing?  So far, so good.  I struggle, but who doesn't?  The kids fighting really upset me but same who doesn't feel this way.  The difference is I am coping.  I am not withdrawing or sleeping the whole day away.  I am more involved and dare I say happy.

I went to CBT follow up on Wednesday and spoke to one of the staff members.  I told her I was concerned.  I told her I was feeling happy and was worried this was fake.  This feeling was so foreign to me that I worried it was not real.  Guess what?  Still feeling happy.  Sometimes, I feel crap but who doesn't.

Now I am concentrating on balance.  Sometimes happy sometimes crap.  But always coping.

To all the ANZAC'S out there to my Grandfather whom I never met and love nonetheless, to your Grandfathers, Fathers, Brothers, Husbands and dearly deceased - Lest we forget.

1 comment: