Friday, April 1, 2011

It's time for Liberation

lib·er·ty (lĭbˈər-tē)
noun pl. liberties lib·er·ties
  1. a. The condition of being free from restriction or control.
    b. The right and power to act, believe, or express oneself in a manner of one's own choosing.
    c. The condition of being physically and legally free from confinement, servitude, or forced labor. See Synonyms at freedom.
  2. Freedom from unjust or undue governmental control.
  3. A right or immunity to engage in certain actions without control or interference: the liberties protected by the Bill of Rights.
  4. a. A breach or overstepping of propriety or social convention. Often used in the plural.
    b. A statement, attitude, or action not warranted by conditions or actualities: a historical novel that takes liberties with chronology.
    c. An unwarranted risk; a chance: took foolish liberties on the ski slopes.
  5. A period, usually short, during which a sailor is authorized to go ashore.
Origin: Middle English liberte, from Old French, from Latin lībertās, from līberfree; seeleudh- in Indo-European roots.
Guess what?  I may feel I have lost my independence but I am still liberated.  I have the right and power to act, believe and express myself in my own choosing.  This is my new mantra.  I am going to live eat breathe it.  Maybe I could write a book and call it act, believe, express. It would surely shit all over that drivel 'eat pray love'. 
Today is April 1 and it is the start of autism awareness month.  So in each of my April blogs, I am going to give you some facts on Autism or on my boy.
Fact 1.  Autism is a lifelong disorder, no matter what you hear there is no cure.
This liberated chick today is going to enjoy a full day of liberated choices and maybe a little bit of fun.
Take care
Laura xx







No comments:

Post a Comment