Wednesday, April 6, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge Day 9

A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most



This one was too hard, I could not choose one picture or one person.  Why?   Because I have certainly had my fair share of tough times in my life.  In fact, some people have asked if I killed a china man in my previous life.  So I have had to choose three pictures with some of the people who have really been there for me in my most difficult moments.  This does not mean they are the only ones who have been there because I have been fortunate to have many friends who have been there for me.  These ones have been consistently there for me through thick, thin, low and high times.

Picture 1 is my darling husband.  He certainly didn't realise when he signed that dotted line that his wife would in the future suffer chronic depression and he would be expected to shoulder far more in this partnership.  I am eternally grateful and of course would do it all for him.  Thank you my beautiful man.  I love you times eternity plus 1.

Picture 2 is all my immediate family at our wedding.  These people love me unconditionally and some have known me since birth (funny that).  They have changed my nappies, fought over toys and later clothes, taught me much and been there for me unquestioningly and completely.  They chose my side before knowing the details of the battle.  Thanks to my family.

Picture 3 is my bestie.  SGB you have given me so much strength.  You have stood up for me when you could have been silent and can I also just say fuck we have had some fun too.

I am blessed.  In my journey for mental health wellness I forgot how blessed I was.  I was embroiled in such evil darkness that I was unable to see the bright stars that constantly shone for me.

If I can be half the friend, life partner, family member you guys have been I would be proud.
Love
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment