Monday, April 4, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge Day 7

A picture of your most treasured item


While I am in hospital it is hard to take a picture of my most treasured items so I have borrowed this image as a representation.  My most treasured items are my memories.  Memories keep the dear and precious alive long after they have turned to dust.  They are far more valuable then anything I own.

I chose the wooden spoons, because they represent memories for me.  Last year my maternal Grandmother had a stroke.  She is still pretty feisty but pre-stroke she was an independent woman who still did all her own gardening and walked to the shops for her groceries.  In fact she walked so fast you could barely keep up.  After her stroke, she sadly had to sell her house, most of her belongings and move into an aged care resort (sounds better then nursing home).  

We all got to choose a few items from her home.  The first thing I chose were her wooden spoons.  Because, she has lovingly cooked countless meals, biscuits, cakes, puddings with these spoons.  I now use them I hope with the same amount of love.

These wooden spoons represent some amazing memories that my Nana has given me.  For her birthday this year, I gave her my memories back in the form of a painting.  I wanted to thank her for what she has given me.  Priceless and far more valuable then all the gold in the world


Memories, are what binds us to the people in our past and keep the people in our present precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment