Wednesday, April 13, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge Day 16

A picture of someone who inspires you


My son, Clay Lindsay Lewis, born 19 February 2002 inspires me.  He challenges me.  He has made me a better person but has also bought out the worst in me.  Dealing with autism has contributed to issues such as comfort eating, self medicating with alcohol and of course depression.  He is not the reason but his autism and other factors are.  

He, however, inspires me.  He is clever, witty and can be incredibly charming.  He is a handsome young man now.  He has picture perfect memory and is a walking talking compass.  He can remember dates and events, sadly this helps with his OCD and anxiety over storms but it is still a strength. 

Not many people can tell you what autism feels like but my son tells me it hurts his head.  Yet he functions, he accomplishes and he thrives.

1 comment: