Saturday, April 23, 2011

I did it



I think I need to go out and buy this doll to celebrate.  I went grocery shopping today to my local shopping centre.  I did ring my Mum and a close friend first to see if either could come for moral support.  Both were busy. (poking tongues to you). I took the kids with me so my husband could have a lovely sleep in.  I was terrified you see. Not of having the kids with me, not of crowds, but of running into some people who I have sadly lost as friends during my quest for mental health.

I hope bridges can be repaired one day.  Life is too short to carry the load of a grudge.  I am trying very hard to let go and forgive.  It is hard because the hurt is still present and I know they feel their hurt also.  Who did what, who said what etc is no longer important.   What is important is we both are still very vulnerable and in our own different ways grieving.  I for a child who to me is perfect but to the world is disabled and my friend for another reason which is not my story to write.

One day, our paths will cross and the first greeting will be the hardest.  I hope from there things will only improve.  Like that thousand mile journey, step by step you can overcome, slowly reaching your destination.

Today, is Easter Saturday.  Tomorrow, I wish you all a very happy and safe Easter.   If it is just a holiday, have fun, if this day is a spiritual one, than enjoy your celebration also.

Stay safe, enjoy your family and friends
Laura
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment