Saturday, March 12, 2011

This one goes out to the one I 'Need'

Dear Doctor
Do you think of me when you drive away in your plush luxurious European car.  Not that I know what car you drive nor do I care but I bet it is plush and European.  When you get home and you change from your designer professional threads into your designer comfortable threads do you think about me.  When you wake from sleep in your 8000 count Egyptian cotton sheets do you think of me.  When you get to work and write your scripts with your montblanc pen do you think of me.

Because while I am in hospital and waiting to see you I think of you.  While I dress in my threadbare clothes and go to the same group sessions that are on each week I think of you.  I eat the same bland hospital food and think of you.  While I take the same medication I have been on for years I think of you.

I wonder if you think that that once a week rushed session is worthy of me.  You know the sessions, where you tell me that I am phobic of my son and that because I was fine in hospital I should be fine at home.  Do you think of me as I wonder if you are right and yes I failed again.

I wonder if you think of me when my children cry for me at home.  Do you think of me when I wait each day hoping you will make time to see me. Do you think of me while I wonder if you have explored all options and avenues.

The more I wonder if you think of me I am finding the less I think of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment