Monday, March 21, 2011

Chucked a big Wobbly

Last night one of the nurses informed me that my psychiatrist would be away for three weeks.  I was gutted.  It was like a thousand emotions roared through my body like an internal tsunami.  I felt betrayed.  I was so upset.  Firstly because he didn't tell me and secondly I was expected to comfortably see another psychiatrist in his absence. I am sorry but I don't work that way.

I agree that my doctor of course is entitled to holidays like any other person, it was just that he did not tell me.  And, I also thought I would go insane (pardon the pun) sitting around for three weeks refusing to see his replacement.  It has taken 10 weeks for my doctor and I to get somewhere.  Ten weeks of approach, avoid, circumvent you name it.  I thought I was going somewhere but it was only circles.  Finally, in the past two sessions, there has been a click.  We have moved forward.

I had decided in my next session to talk to my Doctor about something that only my husband and Mother are really aware of.  It is something I am very uncomfortable revealing and it fills me with shame.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I have found out he is away for just a week.  I can deal with that.  I will wait a week and then again press on.

But last night, that tsunami turned my own world inside out and it was just an emotional one.

While on the topics of tsunamis, please continue to keep Japan in your thoughts and/or prayers they really need it.  And, closer to home, 99% of my state is still considered a disaster area so fellow Queenslanders help out where you can.

A big nod, to Foo Fighters, who are holding a flood relief concert here in Brisbane this Sunday.  We all know you guys rock but seriously, you guys really rock.

Take care,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment