Sunday, May 8, 2011

Affirmation Day 9

A mother holds her children's hands for a while...their hearts forever.
-- Author Unknown



Happy Mother's Day to all the Mums out there.  On this day, I dedicate this affirmation blog to you all.


Becoming a Mother was the most wonderful but raw and painful thing I will ever know.  Your children don't realise they are just walking around holding your heart in their hands.  I think I have to date, been the best Mum I have been capable of being.  Certainly have made many sacrifices (as Mums do) for my children. 

Going into hospital and fighting for my mental health was done for my children.  For me also, but primarily for my children.  Being away from them was awfully painful and I missed them with all my heart and soul.  However, there was no point me being at home when I was so unwell as I was not 100% there for them and they deserve 110% of me.



I would also like to mention my Mum and my husband's Mum.  My Mum took over our life while I was in hospital.  It really was 'operation Granny'.  She got my husband organised.  She sorted out the kids with their school, had them every afternoon after school and basically did everything that I was incapable of doing.  To a point she is still doing a lot as I am still battling for my mental health recovery.


My husband's Mum cooked many meals for my husband and even delivered them to him.  She has done this on several occasions and I am grateful to her for helping make the load lighter for my husband.


All Mum's out there deserve today.  But never ever do we take time off from being a Mum.  24/7 we are thinking/worrying/hoping for our kids.  We would sacrifice all including our lives for them.  Our kids are our future and our all dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment