Monday, May 9, 2011

Affirmation Day 10

If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.

Marcus Aurelius quotes (Roman emperor, best known for his Meditations on Stoic philosophy, AD 121-180)

One of my most favourite of all quotes is from Shakespeare. 'To thine own self be true'. The full quote is This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day,Thou canst not then be false to any man.

I never have to worry what I say to anyone. I am open and honest. I am as incapable of telling a lie as I am of rotating my head 360degrees.

I am also always intent on trying to do the right thing. I don't belittle other people. I am patient and tolerant. I am kind and seek to help others be they stranger or friend.

If I don't like someone (and face it we can't all like everyone it just is not possible) than I just can't be bothered with them. I won't be unkind, I won't seek to hurt them or cast aspersions, I just can't be bothered. I am not two faced. I only have one face and the face you see; the feelings reflected in my eyes are the feelings I am experiencing. I will not go out of my way to greet and speak with them and act like their best friend. My actions mirror my feelings and I will not be and will never be untrue to who I am.

Another thing I like to say is if you can't be kind be silent and that is a rule I do live by. I will not speak out against another. I will though, defend my self and react to other people's actions as I am not a door mat.

So, in summing up. I think I can safely say with me what you see is what you get. My friends know this and they get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment