Friday, May 20, 2011

Affirmation Day 20

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader—not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
E.L. Doctorow


I believe what I write is worth reading.  I would not say I am a great writer. I would love to be a great writer. But I believe I write well.  At high school I was going to be a journalist.  Ha. Famous last words.  My laziness, impatience and impulsiveness saw that as a dream that was to never come to fruition.  


In this day and age, and with blogging, we can all be journalists.  It is an amazing way to comment topically, jump on your soap box, serialise your personal life or just be plain creative.  Blogging is awesome.  I love it. I follow and read many.  There are many talented people out there.  If you know of any great ones please also recommend them to me.  A great blog is worthy of many followers.


As I write and I do write daily I find it makes me more interested in life.  I become more interested in politics, the economy, the environment, education, you name it.  It makes me think and be more decisive of my beliefs, whereas in the past I could be a bit of a fence sitter.  I do tend to lean towards the left (much to my parents dismay) but that is me and I am entitled to my beliefs.


So, blogging has helped me become disciplined with my writing and more involved in the world and current events.  This is not a bad thing.  Being aware and being interested I believe makes you interesting.  Hopefully, I am not a boring person who blah blah blahs on.  But rather, someone who is curious, involved and a tad eccentric.  If I am not, than that is what I want to be when I grow up.


What about you, what will you be when you grow up?







No comments:

Post a Comment