Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Affirmation Day 30

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think I can justly say I am brave.  I have been brave for a long time and my body, my heart and soul are tired.  I have written about my reasons for depression and anxiety.  They are no secret so I will not harp on about them again.  Being home for the month or so was both good and bad.  Good that I was not in hospital but bad because I was barely functioning.  Just simply going through the motions.  You become quite good at wearing a mask when you are fighting depression.



This time I pray to anyone who will listen to please let me and my doctor get it right.  I don't want to be here. I want to be home, I want to be with my family but I also want to be functioning and involved not just present.


So, have I been braver for five minutes longer - damn straight I have.  I have been braver for far longer than that and I won't given in. Not now, not ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment