Thursday, May 5, 2011

Affirmation Day 6

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle.


One thing I can confidently and proudly write about myself is my intelligence.  I am smart.  I am capable of much.  However, I am also lazy, impulsive and impatient.  If I was more patient and did not procrastinate; I know I could have been anything I wanted.  At high school I was aiming for journalism.  But, I also had a great brain for maths and science and could have done anything.

Being intelligent is not everything, life skills are important also.  I am still learning life skills.  You never stop there. Each time I visit an art gallery, or overcome adversity, travel, read a great book, or have an interesting conversation; I am still learning.

And, like Aristotle, I make up my own mind.  I am not influenced easily but am open minded and willing to take everything in, weigh it up and than make my own decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment