Thursday, June 16, 2011

Today's post is bought to you by the letter 'D'

D as in depression. I am so over myself at the moment.  I have had my youngest home sick all week and she has been quite unwell.  The best way to keep her in bed is to stay there with her so I have pretty much spent most of this week in bed.  Not the best way for a person like me to spend the week.  I struggle as it is to get out of bed so to force myself to stay in bed has not been great.

I haven't posted for the last few days because I have not felt I had much to contribute and seriously who wants to listen to whining and whingeing.  I know I don't.  I get so over myself and think it must be a strain for anyone reading to read the same old moans and groans.  I try very hard to keep this upbeat and either be positive or at the very least informative.

Today I feel neither.  I just want to wallow.  It is cold and my baby girl is still sick so I am just allowing myself to wallow.  She is better than she has been so I have arranged for my Mum to look after her tomorrow so I can get out of the house and make an effort.

Tomorrow I plan to catch up with friends and go to a knitting class.  Am a bit looking forward to that.  Knitting is one of the things I want to learn this year so I will feel like I am accomplishing something on my to do check list.  I also want to check out the bead shop to buy some beads to make some necklaces using woollen tubes (I will post pics as hard to describe but oh so gorgeous).

I might try and do some art journalling today.  If you read my previous post about Jane Davenport and checked out her website you would have seen some truly amazing and sublime art journalling and I thought I would give it a shot.  Do take the time to explore her website for some amazing eye candy it is really worth the journey.

Take care, stay warm
Laura
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment