If you have been following my blog, you will know that on Monday I came back into hospital. Not because I was unwell but because I had made no progress. My doctor was not happy and wanted to look at changing my medication.
I finally saw my doctor yesterday. Let me tell you that was one long and lengthy wait. He gave me three options.
Option 1 was to wean off the current medication. For about 50% of people there will be nasty side effects. Jitters, shakes, headaches, nausea, vomiting. Then go onto a new medication altogether.
Option 2 was to increase the current medication I am on and stay in to make sure I had no side effects and to make sure it would work. (this involves the shortest stay if successful)
Option 3 was to do option 2, find it did not help and then start option 1.
Of course I chose option 2. I figured it was the quickest path to coming home (if successful) and if it did not work well option 1 was really the only other choice I just took a more indirect path to it.
I do feel a little better having made the decision. I was very anxious about what my doctor would be suggesting and what it would involve. I also knew coming off my current medication can be hellish for some people. I am missing home and wishing myself there but of course realise the necessity for the current course I am taking.
I also miss having access to all my craft notions as I am feeling very creative and would like to be doing something instead of just sitting around waiting for either something or nothing to happen. Not a lot of fun in here let me tell you. Most of the fun happens around the smoker's table. A lot of people take up smoking when they come in here. I can understand why. I won't. Can't afford it and can't afford what it does to my body either. I am unfit enough as it is.
Will keep you posted on how I am faring with option 2. Fingers crossed it will do the job and I will be back home with my lovely husband and kids very very soon.