Thursday, October 13, 2011

What are you thankful for?


I just now have read a lovely blog and the author wrote a lovely post of all the things she is thankful for.  It made me think.  I have plenty to be thankful for and yet I write about my pain and suffering.  So this post is dedicated to everything in my life that I am blessed to have.


  • firstly I am thankful for my Husband and children.  They are the reason I get up each day.  My husband is the safe harbour in my storm and my kids are just pure unadulterated joy.  (they can be little shits too but I can live with that)
  • next my family particularly my Mum.  Even now at the age of 42 (that is me not Mum) my Mum can fix things or make me see another side of things that nobody else can
  • my friends are a very enrichening part of my life.  I am blessed with some life long and also more recent friends who do not judge me, but accept and understand and offer love, support and kindness.  Sometimes they also run amuck with me but that is another story
  • I am also grateful for our big plasma tv and foxtel IQ.  I am not a tv addict but there are some wonderful shows and foxtel IQ not only easily with the press of one button records that show but also series link's it so you won't forget and miss any of those future episodes.  I know not a biggie but it does simplify life.
  • My library card - I am a recent new member of our library and I must say am very impressed with the choice and services on offer.  I decided to join the library because books are expensive and it is also my little contribution to saving the environment.
If I thought long and hard I could come up with so much more.  I could talk about the wonderful country I live in (politics aside), the fact that I have a roof over my head and so on.  There is so much in our lives we take for granted and from now on I am going to try and take stock more often rather then just talk about my depression and how I battle it on a daily basis.

I am also thankful for my regular and new readers.  It means so much to me that you take the time out of your busy day to read the words I have put down.  I don't just write for myself.  I write to be a voice and make a difference.  If this helps one person, I am rapt.

I hope you too can take five minutes to think about the simple but wonderful things you are blessed with. 
As always, be kind,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment